M.Tech. (Industrial Materials and Metallurgy)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- The Post Graduates will be successfully employed in the core and allied field with knowledge in depth and breadth, about the principles and practices in the field of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering having sound base of science in technology.
- The design capability among students will be developed so that they have the ability to participate in creative, synthetic & integrative activities in the relevant fields of one or more specializations to cater industry and research.
- To inculcate the ability to design, perform, evaluate and interpret experimental results and the awareness of the competence to be savvy users of information technology.
- To develop among students the ability to work with others, in professional and social settings with ability to keep learning through life with effective communication skills so that the students are able to express ideas clearly and persuasively, in written and oral forms.
- To develop a global view among students so that they can appreciate diversity in the world and in intellectual pursuits.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
PO1 : An ability to independently carry out research /investigation and development work to solve practical problems.
PO2 : An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document.
PO3 : Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program.