Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University) is one of the premier technical institutions of the country. It was adjusted the best technical institution in India for the year 1994 by the National Foundation of Indian Engineers (NAFEN). The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering formerly known as Department of Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering was established in the year 1963 with an intake of 30 students, which was subsequently increased to 60 in view of the competence of the infrastructure and the faculty of the department. The intake has further been increased to 75 from 2014-15 and 120 from 2016-17 onwards.
The department offers B.Tech. degree course in of Electronics and Communication Engineering. Two full time master’s courses namely M.Tech. Electronics and M.Tech. Electronics (VLSI Design) are being run in this department. The department also offers full time and part time PhD degree course. The department has excellent research facilities in the core and emerging areas of Electronics and Communication like Embedded systems, VLSI Design, Photonics and Optical Communication, Wireless Communication, Microprocessors, Digital Signal Processing etc. The department is one of the best in the institute having highly qualified faculty and expertise in these areas.
The department has always strived to inculcate the very best in students so that they can face the challenges offered to them by the industry. The preeminence of the department can be understood by the ever increasing demand of its fresh graduates. Close interaction with the industry has led to evolution of a teaching system, which produces diligent and erudite engineers. The young engineers have excelled both in higher education and in industry.
- Capstone Projects (Batch 2015-19) ( Format : XLSX , Size : 19 KB, Language : ENGLISH )
- Capstone Projects (Batch 2014-18) ( Format : PDF , Size : 468 KB, Language : ENGLISH )
- Capstone Projects (Batch 2013-17)
- Capstone Projects (Batch 2012-16)
- Capstone Projects (Batch 2011- 15)
- Internship Data 2019-20 ( Format : XLSX , Size : 17 KB, Language : ENGLISH )
- Internship Data 2017-18 ( Format : PDF , Size : 266 KB, Language : ENGLISH )
- Audio Guide Project by PEC students for Chandigarh Admnistration
- PEC PhD student wins Best Poster Award in 2nd AISRF meeeting at IISER, Mohali
- Details of Expert Lectures Organised by the ECE Deptt. (2016-19) ( Format : XLSX , Size : 17 KB, Language : ENGLISH )
- A 1969 batch alumnus returns to PEC to deliver lecture on RF spectrum allocation ( Format : DOCX , Size : 158 KB, Language : ENGLISH )
- Connect Broadband establishes Videocon Advanced Communication Lab at PEC University of Technology on 19 November, 2015 ( Format : DOC , Size : 1.26 MB, Language : ENGLISH )