Finding Your Mac Address
When connecting to campus wifi, we may require that you provide your MAC address. Find instructions, as well as some first-time-setup guides, for your device below.
- Windows 10
- Open the Command Prompt by right-clicking on the Start button (located in the lower-left corner of the screen) and select Command Prompt from the menu. Alternatively, press the Windows Key on your keyboard, type cmd into the Search bar, then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Enter ipconfig /all into the Command Prompt window and press Enter on your keyboard.
- The wireless MAC address will be listed under Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi next to Physical Address. The wired MAC address will be listed under Ethernet adapter Ethernet next to Physical Address.
- Open the Apple menu.
- Click System Preferences > Network.
- Select your network connection and click Advanced.
- You will find the MAC address on the hardware tab.
- Chrome OS
- Click the wifi network icon.
- At the top of the box, click information.
- You will find the MAC address displayed as the wifi address.
Smartphones & Tablets:
- iPhone & iPad
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Wi-Fi > select the network.
- Wi-Fi Address is listed under Private Wi-Fi Address.
- Android & Pixel
- The specific instructions for finding the MAC address of an Android device may vary slightly based on the manufacturer.
- Open the Network & Internet > Internet > SSID > Randomized MAC Address
- Windows Phone
- On the main Windows phone screen, swipe left and select Settings.
- In the Settings screen, select About > more info.
- The MAC address will be listed under phone information.