The department of Production & Industrial Engineering is one of the oldest departments of production engineering in India, established in 1967. The department was renamed as Production and Industrial Engineering in 2014. At present the department offers both undergraduate and postgraduate program in Production & Industrial engineering. The present intake for the graduate program is 40 students. Apart from it, the department also runs two interdisciplinary self financed postgraduate programs in Industrial Design (ID), Total Quality Engineering & Management (TQEM) and Total Quality Management (TQM), with the intake of 18 students each. The department is also involved in the research activities with 20 research scholars in the Ph.D program.
The strength of the department lies in potential of the students, commitment of the faculty and developed facilities in the area of machining, welding, casting, manufacturing, human engineering & assistive technology, total quality management, work design & ergonomics, production & operations management and value engineering.
Our graduates are well placed and holding responsibe positions in industries viz. L&T, Maruti Udyog Gurgaon, TCS, Eicher Tractors, Escorts, Voltas, Telco, Honda & Minda etc
The department of Production & Industrial Engineering is alive to the needs of coming time. Accordingly more facilities are being developed in the latest fields.
To contribute to the society and industries at the national and international level through excellence in the field of Production and Industrial Engineering.
- To provide quality education in production and Industrial Engineering at graduate and post-graduate levels.
- To advance the frontiers of knowledge in Production and Industrial Engineering.
- To interact with industries, R&D organizations and premium education institutes etc.
- To serve the society by developing highly competent production and industrial engineers.
- Academic accountability and integrity.
- Perseverance for excellence.
- Appreciation for skill and knowledge.
- Respect for human values.