Programme Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- PO1-Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2-Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3-Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4-Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5-Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6-The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7-Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8-Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9-Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10-Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11-Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12-Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
- PSO1: Apply the fundamentals of mathematics, science and engineering knowledge to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, multimedia, big data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
- PSO2: Apply appropriate techniques and modern engineering hardware and software tools for the design and integration of computer system and related technologies, to engage in lifelong learning for the advancement of technology and its adaptation in multi-disciplinary environments.
- PSO3: Implementation of professional engineering solutions for the betterment of society keeping the environmental context in mind, be aware of professional ethics and be able to communicate effectively.
- PO 1: Graduates will have a thorough grounding in the key principles and practices of computing, and will have applied their computer engineering skills and knowledge of foundational principles to the design and implementation of practical systems by actively getting engaged into learning, understanding, and applying new ideas and technologies as the field evolves.
- PO 2: Graduate will be exposed to contemporary research which meets the research and development needs of the industry and they are able to carry out research and intellectual endeavors of the highest standards that advances the theoretical knowledge and are of immediate and long-range practical significance.
- PO 3: Graduates will develop strong reasoning skills to enable them to take successful decisions in key management and marketing positions and get exposed to cutting edge developments in computing technology.
- PO 4: Graduates will develop communication skills so that they are able to express ideas clearly and persuasively, in written and oral forms.
- PO 5: Graduates will develop the ability to work with others, in both, professional and social settings and will raise the curiosity, the desire, the awareness, the competence and the ability among themselves to keep learning throughout life.
- PO 6: Graduates will be exposed to global view so that they can appreciate diversity in the world and in intellectual pursuits which will be attained by inculcating in them an understanding of the human, social and business context in which they will utilize their engineering skills.