The educational objectives of the undergraduate programmes & the postgraduate programmes of Computer Science & Engineering at PEC are:
B.Tech CSE (PEOs 2018 onwards)
- PEO1: High-level attainment of key principles and practices of computation, mathematics and basic principles of engineering to ensure that graduates are able to apply their software development skills in design and implementation of practical systems consisting of software and/or hardware components.
- PEO2: Analyze real-life problems and impart science-based engineering education to develop professional skills that will prepare the students for immediate employment in the industry. Graduates will be actively engaged in learning, understanding, design and applying new ideas and technologies as the field evolves along with participation in creative, synthetic and integrative activities of the relevant branch of engineering.
- PEO3: Excellence in professionalism, moral and ethical conduct, understanding of social context and interpersonal skills with adaptable communication to develop a global view among graduates so that they can appreciate diversity in the world and in intellectual pursuits.
B.Tech CSE (PEOs till 2017-18)
- PEO1: Graduates will have a thorough grounding in the key principles and practices of computing, and will have applied their software development skills and knowledge of foundational principles to the design and implementation of practical systems consisting of software and/or hardware components to meet customer requirements.
- PEO2: Graduates will be successfully employed in the computing profession, and will be actively engaged in learning, understanding, and applying new ideas and technologies as the field evolves; or will have successfully completed, or be actively pursuing, graduate studies in computing.
- PEO3: To impart science-based engineering education to develop professional skills that will prepare the students for immediate employment in the relevant branch of engineering in industry, as against the model that just prepares them for post-graduate education.
- PEO4: To develop the design capability among students so that they have the ability to participate in creative, synthetic and integrative activities of the relevant branch of engineering.
- PEO5: To develop among students breadth of knowledge so that they have familiarity with many important technical areas.
- PEO6: To develop among students ability to apply in depth knowledge of one or more specializations within the relevant branch of engineering.
- PEO7: To develop communication skills so that the students are able to express ideas clearly and persuasively, in written and oral forms.
- PEO8: To develop among students the awareness of, and the competence to be savvy users of information technology.
- PEO9: To develop ability to design and perform experiments in the relevant discipline, and to acquire the ability to interpret and evaluate experimental results.
- PEO10: To develop among students the ability to work with others, in professional and social settings.
- PEO11: To create among students the curiosity, the desire and the ability to keep learning throughout life.
- PEO12: To develop an understanding among students of the human, social and business context in which they will utilize their engineering skills.
- PEO13: To develop a global view among students so that they can appreciate diversity in the world and in intellectual pursuits.
- PEO 1: To develop professionals with strong theoretical fundamentals and practical skills.
- PEO 2: To enable graduates to acquire research and development competence to sustain in academia, research and industry.
- PEO 3: To keep abreast with latest area & research in Computer Science and Engineering and its applications in all allied areas.