Advertisement for the post of Assistant Public Relations Officer (APRO) at PEC (Deemed to be University)
Advertisement for the Post of Assistant Public Relations Officer
An Assistant Public Relations Officer (APRO) in an Institute plays a critical role in managing the Institution’s reputation, communication efforts, and public image. Their primary responsibility is to build and maintain positive relationships with various stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff, alumni, media outlets, and the general public.
Job Title: Assistant Public Relations Officer
Number of Posts: 01 (Contractual basis for a period of one year, extendable, based on requirement and performance of the APRO)
Pay: Rs 38,203/- as per DC Rates. To be revised periodically, as per Chandigarh Administration’s Orders
|Name of the Post, Remuneration & Age Limit
Assistant Public Relations Officer
Candidate should have Graduate Degree with minimum 55% marks preferably in Mass Communication/Journalism/ Public Relations or similar specialization from a recognized University.
- Primary activities are to ensure that achievements of the Institute and its stakeholders including faculty, staff, students and alumni are communicated to the outside world in a timely and effective manner for improving the perception of the Institute.
- Coordinate the development, drafting, and editing of news releases, media advisories and announcements for distribution to the news media to publicize the Institute, its faculty, students, staff and their programs, activities and research.
- Review any content to be published on the Institute Website.
- Maintain the Institute official blog and social media handles.
- Maintain records of media coverage including photo and video assets.
- Create print material such as Brochures, posters and flyers.
Selection Procedure: Selection of the candidate applying for this position will be on the basis of Walk in Interview.
General Information for the Candidate:
- All online applications received shall be scrutinized for eligibility.
- Candidates should email their application with full bio-data in the prescribed format, giving complete details of Educational Qualifications and Experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by 27 September 2023
- Eligible candidates shall be called for a skill test in writing skills and computer proficiency on 27 September 2023 at the Institute premises.
- The candidate is expected to bring along the complete resume, the original certificates, any supporting documents of experience, etc. and one set of Xerox copy of the same.
- The candidate must ensure to mention ‘Application for the post of APRO’ in the Subject Title of their email while submitting their form.
- The candidate must keep a copy of your recent passport size photo.
- Mere fulfillment of required qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate’s selection.
- Only certificates from Government/Government recognized Institutions will be accepted.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing for the selection process. Any change of dates etc. also will be communicated either by publishing in the website and thus candidates are requested to visit the website regularly.
- No correspondence or interim enquiries will be entertained. Canvassing via phone or any other form may lead to disqualification of the candidature.
- Selected candidates will be informed by email/mobile and they are expected to join within 15 days.
- The Institute bears the full right to cancel the above advertisement without selecting anybody.
- The engagement is to serve the immediate and temporary purposes of the Institute. Thus the appointment will be purely on contract/temporary basis. The above position is not against any regular post, and hence does not have any claim, implicitly or explicitly for any regular post in Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University), Chandigarh.