Applications are invited for engagement of temporary faculty at the level of Assistant Professor for the academic semester 2021-22(1) (i.e August 2021 to December 2021) in Cyber Security Research Centre (Self Finance Scheme)
I. Detail of vacancies for temporary appointment is as under:
Name of the Centre
Number of vacancies
Cyber Security Research Centre
(Self Finance Scheme)
1. The number of positions shown above are indicative only. The Institute reserves the rights to increase or decrease these positions at any time.
2. Visually disabled and Hearing disabled persons may also apply against the vacant posts in the above departments.
The duly filled Summary form (available on the institute website), along with the supporting documents/certificates including identity proof, may be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 19.07.2021 by 5:00 PM.
Ph. D in relevant Discipline
Common essential qualifications:-
First class in all preceding degrees. (60% or equivalent).
III. Desirable Qualifications:
We seek outstanding candidates with a strong track record of research to strengthen and complement our current academic and research program. We are interested broadly in all areas of cybersecurity and privacy, including, but not limited to: Applied Cryptography; Cybercrime and Cyber Law, Social media Analysis, Next Generation Digital Technologies, Digital and mobile forensics, Dark Web; Cyber Physical System (CPS) Security, IoT security, Cybersecurity Operations and Analytics, Machine Learning, Machine Learning for Security; Blockchain security, cryptocurrencies, Privacy, Information warfare, etc.; Human Factors of cybersecurity and privacy, network, mobile/wearable security and privacy.
Pay for candidates with Ph.D. will be Rs.73,500/- (Consolidated)
V. Other terms & conditions.
- Maximum Age: 37 years.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India. Transgender candidates may also apply.
- Visually disabled / Hearing disabled candidates shall produce medical certificate issued by competent authority in support of their claim.
- This appointment is purely temporary for one semester.
- This appointment does not confer any right on the applicant to claim either continuous employment or permanency in future.
- The eligibility, qualifications/experience etc. for all the posts shall be determined as on the last date of receipt of application forms.
- Incomplete applications/applications without necessary enclosures will summarily be rejected.
- The Institute/Director reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process of temporary faculty in partial or full without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- All Degree Certificates should be from recognized Universities / Institutes. Further, candidates must attach conversion criteria of CGPA to percentage (%) from the University/Institution/Board.
- The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of submitted information, other documents and photograph. Furnishing of any false information and/or suppression/ concealment of facts shall lead to rejection/cancellation of selection/recruitment.
- Mere fulfillment of the required qualifications and experience etc., does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview/selection. Short listing criteria for calling for interview may be higher than those advertised.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. The date of interview will be intimated on the Institute website.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience, higher than those prescribed in this advertisement, and as per merit decided by Department Faculty Search Committee.
- Candidates will have to appear for the interview at their own cost, if called, before the Institute Level Standing Committee. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- All original documents will have to be produced at the time of interview for verification.
- The Institute reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason.
- No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from the candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection, etc. Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification for the post.
- The applicants are required to visit the Institute website regularly as any subsequent corrigendum/addendum etc. shall be published on the Institute website only.
- The selected candidates will be required to join immediately.
- The decision of the competent authority will be final in the matter of selection.
- Any dispute regarding the recruitment will fall under the jurisdiction of Chandigarh.
- The eligible candidates will be called for interview and they will require to bring the following documents at the time of interview:
- Original Summary Form.
- Original Educational Qualification documents / certificates.
- PAN Card (mandatory),
- Documents to prove Identity preferably Aadhar card.
- Experience, Research Papers etc.
- Number of posts may vary at the time of interview.
- No accommodation will be provided to the selected candidates.
For any query, please contact:
Dean Faculty Affairs
Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University)
Dean Faculty Affairs