Admission to the PhD programme is made on the basis of interview or written test (GATE/ NET syllabus) or both as determined by PhD Admission Committee of the concerned Department provided the candidate fulfills all the requirements at the Institute level and the selected candidate deposits the requisite fees for the PhD Programme.
The admission to PhD programme at any time during the session is allowed to give opportunity to candidates with high accomplishments who have been awarded government recognized scholarships in Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences and Management and have the requirement of joining within a stipulated time frame. Such admissions shall be approved by the Chairman Senate on the recommendations of DRC and Dean Academic Affairs.
The PhD admission committee of the department will consist of Head of the department, members of DRC and potential supervisors in various areas.
Ph.D. Programme is generally offered by the following departments:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials & Metallurgical Engineering
- Production & industrial Engineering
- Applied Sciences
- Cyber Security Research Centre
- Centre of Excellence in Industrial and Product Design
- Centre of Management and Humanities
- Help Desk Telephone No.: 0172-2753813, 2753814 (From Monday to Friday, 9.00 A.M - 5.00 P.M)
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org