Advertisement for one post of Assistant Public Relations Officer (APRO) at Communication, Information and Media Cell, PEC (Deemed to be University)
Online applications are invited for one post of Assistant Public Relation Officer (APRO) at Communication Information and Media Cell (CIM) on contractual basis (DC rates), initially, for a period of six months, from the Indian nationals possessing the qualifications and experience mentioned below.
The Office of CIM primarily handles the coverage of the events at PEC and coordinates to prepare Press Releases (PR) for the institute. It deals and engages with daily newspapers and publishing houses for dissemination of information. The office also prepares the institute annual report and other significant documents for publication purposes. The role of the APRO is to establish better coordination with publishing organisations and to act as a mediator between the Institute and the Press. The responsibilities and duties of the officer are as mentioned below:
- Public Relations, Media Management & Communication
- Preparing & distributing PR materials, such as press releases, brochures, posters, ad campaigns, preparing PPTs and independently writing the institute reports
- Engagement type: Educational Institute (Engineering, Technology, Research)
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 55% marks in the relevant fields of Mass Media, Communication, journalism, etc. with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in relevant field of Media Management, journalism, content/ copy writing etc. is desirable.
Rs. 38,203 /- per month as per DC rates.
- The candidate should have a proficiency in writing reports in English language.
- The ideal candidate must be experienced and self-motivated
- He/she must have a track record of working with computing technologies and should be conversant with the fast-paced environment of technological Institutes
- The candidate must be organized and analytical as well as be capable of working in a team setting for designing and implementing any project schedule and managing priorities
- Expertise in MS Office, Google Suite and Print/ Social Media Handling
- Understands cloud-based technologies (Google Docs, Google Sheets etc.) and should be proficient in its usage
- Be able to address inquiries from the media regarding happenings in the institute in real time; track media coverage of the same
- Familiarity with project management; video/photo editing is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills (Hindi and Panjabi)
Notes: The candidate is expected to bring along the complete resumé, the original certificates, any supporting documents of experience etc. and one set of the xerox copy of the same.
- All online applications received shall be scrutinised for eligibility
- Eligible candidate shall be called for a skill test in writing skills and computer proficiency on August 23, 2023 at the institute premises
- Candidates, so shortlisted on the basis of skill test, will be eligible for a personal interview on August 23, 2023
- Candidates should email their application with full bio-data in the prescribed format, giving complete details of educational qualifications and experience to email@example.com, latest by 11th August, 2023 till 5 p.m.
- The candidate must ensure to mention ‘Application for the post of APRO’ in the Subject Title of their email while submitting their form