Placement Policy for Company
- The Company/Organization should fill in the Job Announcement Form (JAF) and submit it to the Training and Placement Office either as an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or or a hard copy at our Address mentioned in the website.
- The JAF serves as an introduction of the job profile for the candidates and also informs them of the company’s requirements.
- Suitable slots for Pre Placement Talk (PPT) , written/online examinations and Interview Process are decided as per mutual convenience.
- The company may also, if interested, conduct selections for summer internships on the same day.
- The TPO generally allots a date to the company for the final placements based on the following preference criteria:
a. Job profile and growth prospects
b. Package being offered by the company (CTC and Take-Home)
c. Past record of recruitment
d. Feedback from the students /alumni regarding the company
- The company can ask for the resumes of interested students and has the liberty to shortlist them. The list of resumes will only be shared at most 7 days prior to the selection date assigned to the company.
- The list of shortlisted students is to be mailed to the TPO by the company at least 2 days prior to the campus selection date. The companies are required to also keep an extended shortlist prior to visiting the campus for interviews as some students shortlisted by them may already get placed before the campus selection date assigned to the company.
- The company visits the campus on scheduled dates and conducts the written/online test/ group discussion/personal interview as a part of their selection procedure during the time allotted to them. It is important to understand that, on the same date, another company may be scheduled before/after yours and any shift is bound to cause inconvenience to self and others. So, the company is required to finish their whole process strictly within the time slot allotted to them.
- The final results of all the companies interviewing in a particular slot are to be submitted to the office by the end of the slot. In case of a student being selected by more than one company, the final selection will be entirely based on student preference which will be filled in by the student before-hand i.e. before the beginning of the slot
a. This preference information is confidential and companies cannot ask the students about the preference filled in by them during any part of the process.
b. The companies must not disclose the result to anyone except the central placement team.
- The final selection based on student preference would be informed to all the concerned companies. In this situation, to ensure that the company does not suffer on the front of recruitment, it is required that the companies prepare a list of students in order of their merit who can be kept waitlisted. Any drop out from the main-list will enable movement of the waitlisted candidates to the list of selected candidates and the same will be informed to the company.
- In case of any discrepancy, the decision of Training and Placement Officer, PEC will be final.
- Expected joining date of the students are as follows:
• UG students: after 2nd week of June, 2017.
• PG students: after 1st week of July, 2017.
- Any correspondence with the students regarding offer letters or any other matter should only be done keeping Training and Placement Office in the loop.